Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Azexous
Azexous
Not Indigo Team

(DRAMA MEP) [Mellow] - Proie Empty (DRAMA MEP) [Mellow] - Proie

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:16 am

Hello! Here is our entry for the IC. Hope you enjoy!!!

INFO:

Music: The Wolf by SIAMÉS
Download: https://mega.nz/#!uxAhxASD!otJIiivMTFkkdZzk9YeMdVRzbBImg_EYndM0BX-NWAY

PARTS:

Part 1: Azexous w/ Death Note
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_2...
Part 2: Amanystya w/ Mekaku City Actors
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQbZ...
Part 3: Sirenaim w/ Zankyou no Terror
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpJ...
Part 4: Noormuda w/ Tiger & Bunny
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Fh...
Part 5: Raitei w/ Tokyo Ghoul
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSr...
Outro by Amanystya
Mystyk
Mystyk
Not Indigo Team

(DRAMA MEP) [Mellow] - Proie Empty Re: (DRAMA MEP) [Mellow] - Proie

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:42 pm
Okay guys, I might be harsher since I really love this song and I want to edit to it, but try not to take it too badly please.

Track 1:
The start of the song has a big impact and all that you did was just  zoom out of a scene with some effects and you left them standing there for a few seconds, I think that was a bad beginning for the MEP. I also think that most of the scenes were too still and they lacked flow. In my opinion you should have focused more on actual editing than making the effects. (and also the scene selection, how much was it from openings/endings? well I haven't seen the anime so that's why I didn't want to mention it that much, but it pretty much looked like mainly opening/ending scenes and IF it is, then it would be a huge minus for me since this is only a MEP part) Even if it's not op/ending the scenes were still boring though, too many scenes of the same guy walking somewhere or standing somewhere, it doesn't give much meaning.

Track 2:
I dislike the fact that you didn't follow the lyrics and most of the scenes were only face scenes or close ups with that guy.

Track 3:
I'm really disappointed at the beginning of the part. It's the part which should emphasize the change in the song a lot better and what you did was just using street lights, it didn't bring out much of the song. The other scenes were also way too slow and your part lacked flow. A good point is that I can see that some of the scenes are connected to the song (or to the lyrics) at least. I also didn't like how colorful it became even though I can understand why you guys would use such colorful effects, I still didn't like it.

Track 4:
The animation of this anime didn't really fit well with the other anime choices so that was a bit disturbing, but some scenes seem to fit the song so that's good. I didn't like the scenes with the pictures on the wall, and some of the scenes were too long imo. I don't know how to describe this in a better way but this part was kind of boring to me.

Track 5:
The anime choice is not bad, however the use of pink was too much imo, but I guess that's what you wanted. I disliked the heartbreaking effect, it felt out of place. This part was also too slow and lacked flow imo and the scenes lasted for too long and the beat synch turned kinda bad after he broke the glass with his fist (before that there was just not enough beat synch imo) and I also disliked the last scene, I liked the scenes about him stabbing himself but the guy falling to the ground afterwards wasn't a good finish imo.

All in all, I don't know if you guys had all the weekend to edit, but in general you could have done better considering you only had to edit like 25 seconds or something.
Amanystya
Amanystya
Not Indigo Team

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 am
Thank's for taking your time to share your personal opinion Smile

Yeah we didn't edit the whole weekends and we could have done better, this is definitely not our best yah.

I kinda agree with some of your points ( even if your opinion about my track is only one line xD ) but I didn't follow them since I didn't find any dancing move in the episodes I rushed, I only find the moon sorry...
Joking joking... Anyway yeah there are only face scenes and close ups with that guy since he's the main character of my track so I didn't know what you expected? Probably someone hidden from the sun and waiting in the shadow but I would be too obvious and cliché for me.

The things is you only talk about you didn't like that's why your comment is harsh but thank's for considering us and try to share your feeling about our MEP we'll do something better next time Smile
nosamvs
nosamvs
Not Indigo Team

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:09 am
Mystyk wrote:Okay guys, I might be harsher since I really love this song and I want to edit to it, but try not to take it too badly please.

Track 1:
The start of the song has a big impact and all that you did was just  zoom out of a scene with some effects and you left them standing there for a few seconds, I think that was a bad beginning for the MEP. I also think that most of the scenes were too still and they lacked flow. In my opinion you should have focused more on actual editing than making the effects. (and also the scene selection, how much was it from openings/endings? well I haven't seen the anime so that's why I didn't want to mention it that much, but it pretty much looked like mainly opening/ending scenes and IF it is, then it would be a huge minus for me since this is only a MEP part) Even if it's not op/ending the scenes were still boring though, too many scenes of the same guy walking somewhere or standing somewhere, it doesn't give much meaning.

Track 2:
I dislike the fact that you didn't follow the lyrics and most of the scenes were only face scenes or close ups with that guy.

Track 3:
I'm really disappointed at the beginning of the part. It's the part which should emphasize the change in the song a lot better and what you did was just using street lights, it didn't bring out much of the song. The other scenes were also way too slow and your part lacked flow. A good point is that I can see that some of the scenes are connected to the song (or to the lyrics) at least. I also didn't like how colorful it became even though I can understand why you guys would use such colorful effects, I still didn't like it.

Track 4:
The animation of this anime didn't really fit well with the other anime choices so that was a bit disturbing, but some scenes seem to fit the song so that's good. I didn't like the scenes with the pictures on the wall, and some of the scenes were too long imo. I don't know how to describe this in a better way but this part was kind of boring to me.

Track 5:
The anime choice is not bad, however the use of pink was too much imo, but I guess that's what you wanted. I disliked the heartbreaking effect, it felt out of place. This part was also too slow and lacked flow imo and the scenes lasted for too long and the beat synch turned kinda bad after he broke the glass with his fist (before that there was just not enough beat synch imo) and I also disliked the last scene, I liked the scenes about him stabbing himself but the guy falling to the ground afterwards wasn't a good finish imo.

All in all, I don't know if you guys had all the weekend to edit, but in general you could have done better considering you only had to edit like 25 seconds or something.
Heni you do realise that this critique is not a proper critique but more of your own subjective taste.
I as well did not enjoy this mep as much but my reasons are due to lack of constancy in tone, lack of build up, pacing, colour and polish in certain places. But overall it is a solid video of a much higher quality of your overall edits. If your highly opinionated mind dislike it so much then please feel free and take your time to make a better video than this. I will be happy to give you a proper critique then.
Arrow
Arrow
Galactic Overlord
https://indigoteam.forumotion.com

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:02 pm
You guys clearly didn't like the song and it showed. My biggest problem with the mep was that it wasn't a team's mep; there was no connection between the parts and everyone edited like they were editing a solo . There was also a difference in levels, which is definitely not a good thing when it comes to a mep.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum