Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arrow
Arrow
Galactic Overlord
https://indigoteam.forumotion.com

[Indigo Team] Apognosis II MEP Empty [Indigo Team] Apognosis II MEP

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:52 pm
We finished a mep.
Here it is.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yPSsXeNbt2z5S56YW12MxN52Jl_H2Y7d
Info:
Song: Noisia - Machine Gun (16Bit remix)
Outro Song: Oh Hiroshima - Ellipse
Track 1 - Spike - Spriggan
Track 2 - Shinzui - Wicked City
Track 3 - Arrow - Baoh Raihousha
Track 4 - Kazumoe - Black Magic M-66 & Demon City
Track 5 - Lucifer - Bio Hunter
Track 6 - Kitan - Akira
Changelling
Changelling
Not Indigo Team

[Indigo Team] Apognosis II MEP Empty Re: [Indigo Team] Apognosis II MEP

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:06 pm
I haven't given any feedback to anything in a long time, but I want to do it regarding this MEP, and since it's carrying the name Apognosis, you can expect me to be as cynical as ever.

My 1st real thought while watching this was if you guys actually wanted to do this. I mean this mep gets things right, from scene selection, to pacing, to colors etc, and this is due to you guys all being experienced editors who can "do things right" with a lot of ease. However, the mep does not go further than that in my honest opinion. If there is a fine line between a good and a remotely decent amv, this mep would be sitting exactly at that spot. Because everything that is done well in this mep, is delivered at a minimal quality, hence the atmosphere is not out of the ordinary, the concept been done before (by you guys, duhh), the scenes basically fill blanks, and the ending doesn't deliver a satisfying conclusion to the video.
I mentioned the ending because this is where my advice comes. If you want to do a video with exactly this much effort, and still get away with it, then simply focus on creating an ending that serves it's purpose as an ending. Trust me it works wonders.

One could consider me an ass for only mentioning what I deemed a problem with this video, with no regards to what makes it good, and to that I say that you guys are all excellent editors who can deliver this type of quality with absolute ease. There is no point in commending that cut or that link or that composition, because I realize it's basically what you all know that you do good, and thus I simply hand over whatever 2 cents I have left on me.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum