Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LuciferAMV
LuciferAMV
Not Indigo Team

[AMV] Tenebris - (ST IC XV) Empty [AMV] Tenebris - (ST IC XV)

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:23 pm
Hello! Its been quite some time since i last uploaded an amv, felt kinda rusty, but here iam!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJOlkTSMMIc
Hope you enjoy! Feedback is welcome.
you can download it here http://www.mediafire.com/file/3dfcrbylfte9lxi/%255BAMV%255D_Tenebris_-_ST_IC_XV.mp4/file
Changelling
Changelling
Not Indigo Team

[AMV] Tenebris - (ST IC XV) Empty Re: [AMV] Tenebris - (ST IC XV)

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:41 pm
I do not remember the last time in which I had written a review, so you will be the one having the honor of receiving my 1st review in quite a long time.

I was going with the initial thought that the idea behind this video is not clear, until I asked you about the meaning of the word "Tenebris" and learned that it was Latin for Eclipse. Now the idea seems clearer. Basically an eclipse that sends the world into chaos, so all in all, good choice of a straight forward title, and nice work with the delivery of your concept. You had a nice beginning in which you showed the forces responsible for the eclipse, followed by a relatively good build up with scenes of the eclipse as it's taking place, and a good delivery on the drop, with a decent climax of the world falling into chaos, and finally you gave it a proper ending with the blockage of the sun being destroyed, and the eclipse being over, so in general I say that you succeeded in doing what you had planned on doing, and I give this video a 7/10.

Allow me now to move from the bigger picture and dive further into detail. In this segment I want to mention the things that you can perhaps learn and keep in mind next time you decide to make a video.
Ugly scenes are the faults of the sources, that is true, but an ugly scene is also a red flag for us editors, and at all cost we should try to avoid their usage. I'm talking about the specific castlevania scene in 0:44. The slow pace of the segment it is in, makes every scene matter a lot, and an ugly scene will stand out like a sore thumb, making the whole segment worse. So make sure not to include such bad looking scenes if your pace is slow. It might be justified if the scenes change quickly or if you were depending on fx/overlays/movement to overshadow the scene, so you have that room to play in when it comes to bad scenes, but in this vid where you tried to create a natural atmosphere, a bad scene like that is a problem.
Now this point I don't want to dwell too much on, but it's also a red flag if there is a segment in the video that you as the author of, hope for the viewer to quickly get past and just make it to the good part. I'm talking about the Berserk clips at 0:58 - 1:06. Of course I am only assuming that you do not care much for this part so I could be wrong, but if I'm not then I'd generally advise you to start over, when you see that a segment is serving basically as a substitute for a black screen, and offers nothing more to the video, or to your satisfaction as the author.
Last but not... no actually it's last as well as the smallest issue, the ending could have been a lot more satisfying if you had picked more impacful scenes for the moments at 2:06 - 2:09. These beats are vital, but the scene choice is kinda meh. Maybe the castlevania scene is not so bad, but it is not complimented by the shingeki no bahamut scene, making them both do an underwhelming job at the end, so try to match the significance of some song parts, with equally significant scenes. But in general the ending was proper for this video.
Want to level up with an edit like this? Then I recommend working with color correcting a bit, because that would have helped the action part a lot, and created the dark atmosphere this video would have benefited from.

Okay that was it from me. I say a lot about points that could be summarized in 1 sentence, but that is only because the issues I mention are not mistakes, but rather things that can be used differently, and I tried to elaborate on that. It's a good video. One of the better entries in the IC, so good job Denden.
LuciferAMV
LuciferAMV
Not Indigo Team

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:58 am
Oh its been quite a while since I got a good review that didnt focus on the technical part, since centurione whomst` xD. Yeah u hit all the parts that bothered me when I fibished, to answer u I will only say that I started on suturday the vid. I even started downloading castlevania second season for that ending. But yeah, all I needed was 2 hours extra, which I had, but was lazy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum